Danby Wine Cooler Reviews
Danby is a 65 year old, family owned business with a focus on refrigeration and specialty appliances.
The Danby line-up includes a wide variety of products such washing machines, dishwashers, portable air conditioners, air purifiers and even herb growers.
They also have a couple of really good wine coolers that we’ve reviewed below.
Danby Silhouette Professional 51-Bottle Built-In Wine Cooler
Has front facing vents and a zero clearance hinge. Hence, it can be used as standalone or built-in wine cooler. This unit has two sections with independent temperature controls for white and red wine.
- Black cabinet with LED track lighting. The stainless steel trim lends the fridge an upmarket and sophisticated feel.
- The upper zone holds up to 16 bottles of wine while the lower zone is good for up to 35 bottles.
- The unit is equipped with a programmable digital thermostat with LED display.
- This Danby is powered by a frost-free, fan-forced cooling system and has a temperature range of 39 to 64°
- The 6 black wood shelves with stainless steel trim glide effortlessly for easy loading of bottles
- The reversible door offers added flexibility in terms of placement.
- Low-e (low emissivity) glass reflects external light back onto its source and protect against UV rays
- Locking mechanism keeps unwanted hands out
- Cutting edge audible alarm system to warm against sudden and unexpected temperature fluctuations
We Don’t Like:
- A little expensive
Even though the Silhouette is priced dearly, it boasts of excellent build quality and offers loads of convenient features. Hence, it’s a winner!
Danby DWC276BLS 27-Bottle Wine Cooler
This is a fairly popular model as it is takes up just one foot of cupboard space! It’s ideal for small kitchens and urban homes where space is at a premium. Despite being compact, it stores a healthy 27 bottles unlike other gimmicky coolers that manage just about 7.
- 8 x 12.1 x 34.1 inches
- The black interior is reminiscent of a conventional wine cellar
- Accurate digital thermostat with LED display. Temperature range of 39 to 64°
- Factory fitted lock to keep wine collection secure
- Frost free cooling
- Tempered glass panels protect against limit exposure to UV rays
- Stainless steel door and handle is stylish and easy to clean.
We Don’t Like:
- Features single zone cooling only. No separate zones for red and white wine.
This is one of the few compact wine coolers that is actually practical and offers decent storage space. Only drawback is lack of dual cooling zones.
Danby 36 Bottle Freestanding Wine
This wine cooler has a mouthwatering price tag and decent holding capacity. But how does it fare on other fronts? Let’s find out…
- Soft blue LED lighting is much more attractive and practical compared to incandescent bulbs that emit heat
- Black wire shelves, temperature range of 43°F and 57°F
- Powerful compressor cooling
- The door is reversible to suit varying placement requirements. Can be converted into left or right hand opening. Door features a cool recessed pocket style handle
- Tempered glass to protect against UV rays
- Smooth back design: can be placed flush against a wall
We Don’t Like:
- Not suitable for built-in installation
- No dual zone cooling for whites and reds
Even though the specs are OK for the price, this model has too many malfunction reports. This is not typical for an established brand like Danby. However, looks like in this case, some corners have been cut to save costs.