EdgeStar Wine Cooler Reviews
EdgeStar Wine Cooler Reviews – Efficiency Meets Elegance
Founded in 2004 with a focus on specialty appliances, the EdgeStar brand is part of Living Direct Inc.
Since its inception, EdgeStar has branched out into two more brands, namely Avallon and Koldfront.
All products , including the EdgeStar Wine Coolers, are conceptualized, designed and tested at their facility in Austin, Texas. [no_toc]
EdgeStar Wine Cooler Reviews
Cooling Your Wine Just Got Easier! Edgestar currently has 12 distribution centers all across the US. They make some of the finest wine coolers/refrigerators on the planet. We have reviewed some of their leading models below.
EdgeStar CWR1551DZDUAL 310 Bottle, Built-In Wine Fridge
This Edgestar Wine Fridge actually consists of 2 separate refrigerators that require 2 different power plugs. The doors are reversible and hence, the two units can be arranged to form a pleasant French door design.
- 4 different cooling zones with a temperature range of 41 to 64 °F. Store whites, reds, sparkling etc. at their ideal temperatures
- Powerful compressor cooling with fans for even distribution.
- Each zone has a temperature display panel. Intuitive touch controls
- Safety lock to ensure that your wine collection stays secure at all times
- Carbon filter to protect wine from potentially harmful odors
- Stainless steel design. 26 slide-out shelves incorporate stainless steel and wood.
- Stylish LED lighting. Tinted glass to protect against harmful UV rays
- 70 x 24 x 24 inches – suitable as a standalone or in-cabinet wine cooler.
- Not easily available
- Some assembly required to form French door pattern.
The EdgeStar CWR1551DZDUAL 310 Bottle Built-in Side-by-Side Wine Cooler is quite good value for the amount of space and features on offer. Recommended.
EdgeStar CWBV14246 48 Inch Wide, 46 Bottle 142 Can Built-In
This Edgestar Wine Cooler and beverage center consists of two of EdgeStar’s most popular appliances – a 46 bottle wine cooler and a 142 can beverage refrigerator.
- Front ventilation allows for flush built-in or free-standing installation. At only 47 inches wide, this model is perfect for any room or office. (H = 33.5, D = 22.5 inches)
- 3 temperature zones in all. Beverage cooler has a range of 38 to 50 °F while the wine cooler can be set between 41 and 65 °F. (2 zones for red and white wine)
- Stainless steel finish looks great. Premium LED interior lights. Touch Temperature controls
- Security lock. Carbon filter protects wine from unpleasant odors and debris.
- Tinted glass doors for UV ray protection.
- Even though both units are originally right hinged, the door can be reversed to form a stylish French door pattern
We Don’t Like:
- Assembly required to make it a French door design
If you are a connoisseur of wine as well as canned beverages (beer, anyone?), this is the perfect model for all your needs. Solid build quality offers peace of mind.
Edgestar 106 Bottle Built-In
Just like the previous 2 models on this list, this one too consists of 2 separate wine refrigerators that can hold up to 106 standard sized wine bottles. One of doors can be reversed to create a French door style arrangement. Please note that the 2 wine fridges require separate plugs.
- Built-in or free-standing installation thanks to front ventilation
- Great aesthetics: Stainless steel trimmed doors. Slide-out wire wine racks with wooden trim. Soft interior lighting
- Carbon filters to protect wine from harmful odors
- Tinted glass for UV ray protection
- Powerful compressor cooling technology
- Safety locks
- Temperature range of 40 to 65 °F is suitable for white and red wine
- Soft touch temperature controls
We Don’t Like:
- Honestly there’s not much to dislike in this model. It’s a little expensive but really well put together.
Edgestar 106 Bottle Built-In Side-by-Side Wine Refrigerator is one of the best models that money can buy – suitable for novices as well as experienced wine enthusiasts.
EdgeStar CWF380DZ 19 Inch Wide 38 Bottle
This cooler can accommodate 38 standard sized (Bordeaux) wine bottles. It can also hold bigger bottles but one of the shelves needs to be removed.
- Reversible door gives flexibility with regards to placement
- 2 temperature zones for red and white wine. Upper zone has a range of 40 to 54 °F while lower zone has a range of 54 to 64 °F.
- Wood faces on the wire shelves look sophisticated and classy
- Door ajar/high-low temperature alarm. Factory installed safety lock.
- Weighs just 94 pounds. Compact dimensions 34 H x 20 W x 24 D inches (approx.)
- Compressor cooled with powerful circulation fans for even temperature distribution.
- Tinted front class to protect wine from potentially damaging UV rays and harsh light
- Soft touch controls to adjust temperature and lighting
We Don’t Like:
- Not suitable for built-in installation. Free-standing ONLY
- Compressor cooling is slightly noisy compared to thermoelectric. (Honestly, we’re nitpicking here)
This one really hits the sweet spot in terms of price, capacity, looks and features. Highly recommended as long as you plan to use it as a stand-alone cooler.
EdgeStar 53 Bottle Built-In
This wine cooler features front fan-forced ventilation. Hence, it can be installed flush with surrounding cabinets or furniture. Works as an under the counter or free-standing unit.
- Makes a great first impression! Looks elegant thanks to stainless steel trim on the door and bespoke wooden faces on the racks.
- Soft touch electronic controls allow you to set a temperature ranging from 40 to 65 °F.
- Reversible door provides more installation options
- Compressor cooled with circulation fans to prevent hot spots and uneven cooling
- Safety lock ensures the security of your wine collection
- Carbon filter serves as a barrier between wine and unpleasant odors
- Tinted glass protects against harsh lighting and harmful UV rays of the Sun.
We Don’t Like:
- Compressor cooling is not 100% noise free. It’s not totally devoid of vibrations either (compared to thermoelectric)
- Lack of dual zone cooling is a big turn off.
This wine cooler ticks almost all boxes but dual zone cooling is sorely missed. Would have been near perfect if it had 2 temperature zones as it can be installed almost anywhere.
EdgeStar CWR5631FD 30-Inch 56 Bottle Built-In Dual Zone French Door
Holds 56 750 ml 2.75 inch ‘standard’ Bordeaux bottles. Can hold larger bottles too but a shelf will have to be removed. Features a charming French door design with
- Front ventilation makes this wine cooler suitable for under-counter, flush or free-standing installations. Blends seamlessly into almost any décor. Wooden shelves with stainless steel trim.
- Highly efficient compressor cooling works with powerful circulation fans to ensure even temperature distribution
- Features 2 separate temperature zones for red and white wine. Each zone has a temperature range of 40 to 65 °F.
- The glass panels are tinted with black dots to protect wine from UV rays
- Factory fitted safety lock.
- Cool Blue LED lighting. Digital control panel
- Edgestar carbon filtration to prevent unwanted odors and dust/debris from entering the cabinet
- Not much to dislike here.
This wine cooler looks fab, has dual zone cooling and offers a lot of flexibility in terms of installation. It’s a no brainer!
EdgeStar TWR215ESS 21 Bottle Freestanding Dual Zone Stainless Steel Wine Cooler:
The stainless steel trim and dual paned tempered glass lend this wine cooler an upscale, contemporary look. It features dual zones with independent temperature and humidity control.
- Scalloped shelves cradle wine perfectly. There’s more than enough room for 21 bottles here. Due to the shelves’ unique shape, even bigger than average bottles can be accommodated in this cooler.
- Upper zone is for white wine with a temperature range of 45 to 55 °F.
- Lower zone is meant for reds with a temperature range of 55 to 65 °F.
- Compact dimensions: External Dimensions: 32 1/2" H x 13 2/5" W x 20 1/4" D
- Fully digital control panel with LED display
- Vibration and noise-free thermoelectric cooling technology. Does not disturb the sediment of wine.
- Free-standing installation only. Not suitable for built-in installation.
This is a popular model with an attractive price tag. Customers seem to love this feature-loaded wine cooler and so do we!
EdgeStar CWR70SZ 6-Inch 7 Bottle Built-In Wine Cooler:
If you’ve have limited space but want a stylish little wine cooler, this sleek unit fits the bill perfectly.
- Can be installed in cramped spaces. Only six inches wide! Dimensions 34.38" H x 5.88" W x 18.63" D
- Perfect for small homes and city dwellings
- Compressor cooled with powerful fans for even cooling
- Temperature range of 40 to 65 °F
- Touch controls for adjusting temperature and the LED lighting
- UV resistant glass pane
- Has a very futuristic and cool vibe
- Limited space
- No dual zone cooling
- Very expensive considering it holds just 7 bottles.
This is perfect way to convert a small space into something beautiful and innovative. Your guests will not be able to stop admiring it.